This board is deal for developing Embedded applications involving Low and High speed Wireless Communication (RF/Zigbee / Bluetooth ), Real Time Data Monitoring and Control, Interactive Control Panels etc. The UART boot loader eliminates need of an additional programmer and allows you to program using serial port. This board can be interfaced with many peripherals like GSM,RFID,DTMF etc.
Intel introduced an 8-bit microcontroller called the 8051. It was referred as system on a chip because it had 128 bytes of RAM, 4K byte of on-chip ROM, two timers, one serial port, and 4 ports (8-bit wide), all on a single chip. When it became widely popular, Intel allowed other manufacturers to make and market different flavors of 8051 with its code compatible with 8051. It means that if you write your program for one flavor of 8051, it will run on other flavors too, regardless of the manufacturer. This has led to several versions with different speeds and amounts of on-chip RAM.
- 80C51 Central Processing Unit
- 5 V Operating voltage from 0 to 40 MHz
- 64 kB of on-chip Flash program memory with ISP (In-System Programming) and
- IAP (In-Application Programming)
- Supports 12-clock (default) or 6-clock mode selection via software or ISP
- SPI (Serial Peripheral Interface) and enhanced UART
- PCA (Programmable Counter Array) with PWM and Capture/Compare functions
- Four 8-bit I/O ports
- Three 16-bit timers/counters
- Programmable Watchdog timer (WDT)
- Eight interrupt sources with four priority levels
- TTL- and CMOS-compatible logic levels
- Low power mode